Saturday, December 5, 2015

Homemade Refried Beans

I got tired of having to make a special trip to Carrefour every time I needed to buy refried beans, and of spending a small fortune on each can. So, I decided to try and make my own from scratch with ingredients I can find in Mercadona or Consum for a fraction of the price. I loved the results!

Ingredients:
1 jar of cooked pinto beans
1/2 cup (125 grams) butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
salt
pepper
1 tablespoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper



Instructions:

Drain and rinse the beans in a strainer and set aside

Melt the butter in a large frying pan. When melted, add the onions and cook until the onions are soft and then add the beans and cook for a few more minutes.


 

Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper and then puree the mixture with the immersion blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment